P.O. Box 1875Visit our Website
Guelph ON N1H 7A1
Between one week and 2 months
12 hours (four three-hour sessions) and one day of farm tours
$325 (+HST) /person or $450 (+HST) for two people from the same “farm dream” (ex: family, business partners).
If you are considering…
- full-time farming,
- farming part-time while continuing other employment,
- changing your career to start farming,
- taking over an existing farm business,
- developing an existing but informal agricultural pastime into a more serious business activity,
- re-strategizing an existing farm business.
…then Exploring Your New Farm Dream is the ideal learning and networking opportunity for you!
Method of Instruction:
Availability of Program:
Offered in different parts of the Ontario during the fall and winter months.
Tree Fruit and Vine
Other & Non-Traditional
Field Fruit and Vegetables
Poultry and Egg
Greenhouse, Nursery, Landscape and Floriculture
Subject of Training:
Business Planning, Strategy and Structure
Exploring Your New Farm Dream is a course for people who are thinking about starting a commercial farm business (farming with the intent to make a profit rather than as a hobby or a pastime). The course helps aspiring farmers learn what it would take to start and manage their own “farm dream” and decide whether this the right path for them.
The course will enable you to…
- set personal and farm goals,
- assess available resources,
- determine if farming as a business is a good fit for you,
- develop an action plan to guide your next steps.
Language of Instruction:
For program information contact:
Last Updated: 2013-05-09